Sound and physical interfaces

Jan
10

I was checking out a link to a [http://paia.com/ web site] for an analog synthesizer which also has Theremin Kits. In poking around more, I found that they have a kit for a MIDI drum brain unit which accepts input signals and converts them into midi data. I also checked out this article: http://paia.com/ProdArticles/drumsens.htm

Posted By Charlie read more

Spaceroom Consoles

Jan
08

Now that the communications are working it is back to functional aspects.

There are five available stations, Engineering, Helm, Navigation, Science, and Tactical.

Posted By Charlie read more

Visit to The Spaceroom

Dec
19

Last night I took a trip to the location of the Spaceroom to test out some of the software on the actual machines and to get some photos of the room (as I have been promising).

The photos are available at Spaceroom Photos. Just a few pictures to hopefully give the flavor of the room.

Software testing revealed a few things, primarily in the configuration. One issue was due to a missing XML role config file. I had to recreate it from memory because I did not have it on my laptop either.

Posted By Charlie read more

Modeling Heat

Dec
16

In modeling any of the elements of the ship the intent is not so much for pure realism, rather what makes for an interesting interactive environment. One of the key goals of the project is entertainment. I found when working to see if I could integrate with the Sim Orbiter program that dealing with all of the elements in a true simulation is very difficult. (Try doing a launch and dock with the International Space station sometime, it requires a lot of work to get there successfully).

Posted By Charlie read more

Progress with Data Delivery

Dec
15

On Tuesday we tested the SRConsole application for receiving data by using a small HTTP test program I wrote which simply sends a string using the HTTP client component. Using data generated by the Model program, we were able to successfully deliver the data and the components updated properly. So this means that the issues when running directly between the model and console are sourced in the model application. I made a change in the port numbers so that I could run both programs on the same machine and was able to load both programs in individual debugging sessions.

Posted By Charlie read more

Pages

Subscribe to The Spaceroom RSS